Market Manners for Dogs
Local Roots Farmers Markets loves dogs!
Behaved dogs are allowed and welcomed at 7 of our markets: Captiva Island, Boca Grande, Bonita Springs, River District, Fenway South, and Coconut Point Farmers Market. Pets are NOT ALLOWED in the following markets: Lakes Park or Sanibel Island
If you bring your dog, be sure you and it can follow the market manners for dogs or you may be asked to leave.
Never leave a dog in a car unattended.
Please bring only leashed dogs to the market that can follow these simple rules:
1. Must be kept on a short non-expandable leash.
2. Remains relaxed in a large crowd. No stressed out dogs.
3. Exhibits self-control when meeting people and other dogs.
4. Can safely be approached by people of ALL ages.
5. Shows manners and obedience at vendor tables. Avoids sniffing, licking or tasting product on or around a vendor’s table.
6. Can walk on a loose leash through a crowd.
7. Owner must be prepared and clean up after dog.
8. Keep dog’s head and tail ends away from produce, plants and all food.
9. No excessive barking.
Service dogs will be allowed at all of our markets.